Gaining weight or belly fat around the waistline is common in many females. The best way to reduce belly fat is not to eat less but to do easy exercises to reduce belly fat in females at home. Belly fat increase with age because growing age decreases muscle mass.
Excess belly fat is not good for health as it may cause high cholesterol, high blood pressure, breathing problems, heart diseases, and type 2 diabetes. There are also three different types of belly fats which include:
- Subcutaneous: it is found right under the skin.
- Intramuscular: it is present in the muscle fibers.
- Visceral: this type of belly fat is present between the organs deep in the belly.
Here in this article, we come up with 10 easy exercises to reduce belly fat for females at home that will help you to maintain your weight and reduce belly fat.
1. Cardio or Aerobic Exercise
Your first target is to burn visceral fat which can be the reason for many diseases. You should include cardio or aerobic exercise in your daily routine for at least 30 minutes. According to the studies, consistently doing aerobics can eliminate liver and belly fat.
Some useful cardio or aerobic exercises to reduce belly fat for females at home are:
- Speed Walking
While choosing cardio or aerobic exercises you must ensure that you are enjoying it or else you will easily get bored or tired of doing the activity.
2. Abdominal Exercises
The best and easy way to reduce belly fat for females at home is to do abdominal exercises. This can help you maintain your stomach size and eliminate fat around the waistline. These easy exercises to reduce belly fat is for females of all ages. You should try doing abdominal exercises at home. Some of them are:
- 60-second planks
- Bicycle crunches
- Abdominal crunches
- Leg lifts
3. Leg Raises
Some of the easy exercises to burn belly fat for females at home are Russian twists, bicycle crunches, and leg raises. The main target of these exercises are quads, glutes, upper abs, lower abs, and hamstrings.
Guide to Do Leg Raises:
- The best way to do that exercise is to lie down on the exercise mat.
- Then place to thumbs right under your hip and palm and the other fingers straight on the floor.
- Keep your eyes on the ceiling and try lifting your feet a little higher from the floor.
- Gradually raise your legs at 90 degrees and steadily come back to your starting position.
- Raise your legs again without touching the floor.
- You should do this exercise in 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Avoid touching your legs to the floor or raise your hip to support your legs.
4. Leg In and Out
Leg In and Out is another easy exercise for females at home to burn belly fat. The main target of this amazing exercise is the lower abs, upper abs, hamstrings, glutes, and quads.
Guide to Do Leg In and Out:
- Sit on the workout mat and place your hands at the back, straight on the floor for little support.
- Then slightly raise your both legs and lean back.
- This is the starting point from where you start your exercises.
- Now tuck your legs in and take your upper body closer to the knees.
- Slowly go back to the starting point and do 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Do not position your hands too wide apart behind you.
5. Scissor Kicks
Scissor kicks are easy and exciting exercises that burn belly fat faster. It also focuses on upper abs, glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Guide to Do Scissor Kicks
- Place your hands below your hip while lying on the mat.
- Lift your legs, upper back, and head. This is the point where you start your exercise.
- Then lower your right leg but do not touch the floor and raise your left leg and vice versa.
- In one set, you do it 12 times for better results.
- Do 3 sets and take 30 seconds break between doing the sets.
- Avoid holding your breath during exercise.
- You should do this exercise slowly and steadily.
Crunches are the best solution to burn maximum belly fat quickly for females at home. The main target of this crunch exercise is the lower abs and upper abs with so many other health benefits.
Guide to Do Crunches
- Take a gym mat and lie straight on the mat.
- Bend your knees and firmly set your feet on the floor.
- Touch the back of your ears. And backing your head with your fingers.
- Raise your head from the floor a little higher. This is your beginning point.
- Curl your body and try to touch your knees.
- Then relax your body and go back to the beginning point.
- You should make sure that when you are curling your body you should inhale and exhale while relaxing your body.
- Do 2 sets of 12 reps to speed up the burning process of belly fat.
- While doing this exercise, make sure you don’t tuck your chin.
- Crunches may also lead to back and neck strain as crunches put pressure on the spine.
To reduce belly fat for females at home there are also other beneficial crunches exercises you must know:
- Bicycle Crunches
- Half Seated Reverse Crunches
- Jackknife Crunches
8. Cross-body Mountain Climbers
If you are a female struggling to reduce belly fat at home, you should do cross-body mountain climbers regularly. The main target of this exercise is the different muscle groups, shoulders, glutes, quads, rectus abdominis, cores, and hamstrings.
Guide to Do Cross-body Mountain Climbers
- Make your body the position of push-ups.
- Keep your elbows below your shoulders.
- Place your back, neck, and hips in a straight position.
- Do not curve your back. This is the starting position for doing a “cross-body mountain climber”.
- Now raise your left leg and bend the knee towards the chest right below the shoulders.
- Place the left foot again at the starting point and start with the other leg.
- Increase your pace and do it like you are running.
- Do 2 sets of 25 reps.
- Take a break of 20 seconds before doing the other set.
- Note: you can wear a resistance band to prevent any foot or hand injury.
- You should place your palm not so wide as it may imbalance your body.
- You should also ensure while doing the exercise to reduce belly fat, is not to fall down your neck and lower back.
Burpees are also easy exercises to reduce belly or waistline fat for females of all ages at home. It is an amazing full-body workout that targets the abs also.
Guide to Do Burpees
- In this exercise you need to stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- Then bend your knees and place your hands on the floor like a frog position.
- Jump and extend your legs at the back like a push-up or plank position.
- Jump again and come back to your original frog position.
- Then jump vertically and raise your hands above the head.
- Then slowly land on the floor.
- Then repeat again like frog position, plank position, and vertical position.
- Do 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Take 10 seconds break before starting another set.
- Take 20 seconds break before going to another exercise.
- Always focus on posture while doing the exercise because the wrong posture just gives you a number but no significant benefit to burn belly fat.
Plank is considered the best and easy exercise to burn down belly fat for females at home. The primary target of plank exercise is the core muscles, shoulders, biceps, glutes, and rectus abdominis.
Guide to Do Plank
- Kneel down on the mat.
- Set your elbows on the floor firmly.
- Extend your both legs back.
- Align your back, hips, and neck.
- This will help you in reducing core muscles.
- Stay in that position for like 30 seconds.
- Do 3 sets of a minimum of 30 seconds of hold and a maximum of 60 seconds.
- Make sure your palms are not away from your shoulders.
- Maintain the alignment of the neck, hips, and back. Avoid lowering or pike it up.
If you are a female and you are figuring the ways to burn down belly fat, then you should try the easiest exercise called sit-ups. The main or primary target of this exercise is the rectus abdominis.
Guide to Do Sit-ups
- Simply lie on the workout mat.
- Bend your knees and firmly set your feet on the floor.
- Place your hands at the back to support your head.
- Raise your shoulder and head a little and try to engage your core. This is the starting point of doing this exercise.
- Lift your body up with your core strength to a sitting position.
- Slowly take your beginning position.
- Do 2 sets of 12 reps.
- Sit-ups and crunches are two different exercises, never confuse them.
- Sit-ups can cause back pain as they put pressure on the spinal cord.
Risks of Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
Some common risks of exercising to reduce belly fat are:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle strain
- Joint pain
- Shoulder pain
Belly fat is stubborn and cannot be easily removed within days. You need to be very consistent in doing exercise for like 30 minutes a day. Do not over-push yourself by doing a lot of workouts. Pushing yourself hard release stress hormone (cortisol) that causes belly fat. So, all your effort is just wasted.
Remember, always start with easy exercises with less duration and then gradually increase them. You should also talk to your doctor, fitness trainer, or health care provider to get the maximum benefits of doing exercises to reduce belly fat for females at home.
You should not require any equipment in doing the aforementioned easy exercises to burn belly fat. Follow us for healthier and amazing content.