Best supplements for weight loss female have become increasingly famous nowadays. Females were always conscious about their weight and now they are seeking different ways for it. The easiest and most healthy way of losing weight is by taking supplements.
Supplements contain ingredients that help in reducing the weight of females by following any of these mechanisms.
- Reducing appetite
- Reducing the absorption of nutrients
- Enhancing fat burning
Here in this article, we are going to discuss some best supplements for weight loss female and their benefits and side effects.
1. Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Garcinia cambogia becomes very popular worldwide because of hydroxycitric acids that are good for diet pills. It is a small pumpkin-like fruit.
- How it works: Animal studies show that garcinia cambogia extracts reduces the effectiveness of Fat-producing enzyme and enhance serotonin levels in the body. It helps in reducing your hunger.
- Effectiveness: Combine analysis of 54 studies shows that as compared to a placebo, garcinia cambogia had no substantial effect on body fat or weight. In another review, garcinia cambogia can help in reducing the weight of about 3 lb (1.34kg).
- Side effects: Even after studies shows that garcinia cambogia is safe and is also recommended for weight loss, there are still some serious side effects shown by some recent studies. In 2018, a study shows that four women who were taking diet pills experienced critical liver failure.
The most used weight loss supplements by females over decades are Hydroxycut. There are many other products also made by this brand but Hydroxycut is the most recommended and common in the world.
- How it works: Few plant extracts and caffeine are present in this supplement which is highly recommended to females for weight loss.
- Effectiveness: Five clinical trials show that Hydroxycut supplements contain canephora robusta, and green coffee extract that will help to reduce weight up to 5.5 lb (2.47 kg).
- Side effects: Caffeine present in this supplement may cause jitteriness, headaches, anxiety, dehydration, dizziness, and tremors. Those Hydroxycut products that contain ephedra were banned because of cardiovascular risks, hepatoxicity, and acute liver injury.
Read Also: Is Losing a Pound A Day Healthy? Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
3. Green Coffee Bean Extract
Coffee beans that are not roasted are known as green coffee beans. Caffeine and chlorogenic acid present in it are considered great for weight loss.
- How it works: Caffeine and chlorogenic acid both work together for weight loss. Chlorogenic reduce carbohydrates breakage and caffeine boost fat burning.
- Effectiveness: Many studies shows that green coffee bean extracts could reduce weight loss. They also affect obesity and minimize body mass index.
- Other benefits: green coffee bean extract has so many other benefits like reducing blood pressure, and blood sugar. Antioxidants are found high in it.
- Side effects: Its side effects are almost the same as caffeine like diarrhea caused by the ingredient chlorogenic acid and some females are hypersensitive to green coffee beans.
The most popular psychoactive substance consumed in the world is caffeine. Dark chocolate, green tea, and coffee contain caffeine naturally. It is also added to processed beverages and foods. Caffeine is considered the best supplement for weight loss for females due to its metabolism booster feature.
- How it works: In one study they discussed that caffeine improves energy expenditure which is great for weight loss. It means that it can burn many calories and break fats by thermogenesis, a process of producing heat in the body.
- Effectiveness: Caffeine can cause rapid weight loss in females as well as males.
- Side effects: anxiety, jitteriness, insomnia, diarrhea, nausea, irritability, and some other symptoms are caused by high-dose caffeine.
5. Orlistat (Alli)
Alli is a brand that sells “Orlistat” supplements for weight loss females. It can be purchased by showing the prescription.
- How it works: It helps in weight loss by breaking down fats in the body effectively.
- Effectiveness: A study in 2021 shows that people that take Orlistat for one year with a slightly
- Other benefits: Orlistat is a supplement whose other benefits can also be seen like reducing blood pressure, and the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Side effects: This supplement causes digestive problems like oily stools, loose motions, frequent bowel movements, and flatulence. It may also cause a deficiency of vitamins (A, D, E, & K).
6. Raspberry Ketones
In raspberries, we can find a substance Raspberry Ketone which has a distinct smell. A synthetic version is used in female weight loss supplements.
- How it works: Raspberry ketones increase adiponectin, a hormone that is considered best for weight loss. Ketones also increase the speed of breaking fats.
- Effectiveness: Only a few studies are there that show the effect of raspberry ketones in humans. In one study they state that they see a potential weight loss of 2% in 8 weeks as compared to a placebo when raspberry ketones are used with other ingredients.
There are still many researches and studies of raspberry ketones required that show the benefits and risks of it.
- Side effects: An anecdotal report says that raspberry ketones can cause a raspberry smell in your burps. In animals, it was also observed that a high dose of raspberry ketones increases blood sugar and liver disorder.
The fiber “glucomannan” is found in elephant yam’s roots, which is also known as konjac.
- How it works: Glucomannan is considered best for weight loss female, as it absorbs the water of the body and become gel-like. It decreases the desire of eating by making the body feel full, so you can eat fewer calories.
- Effectiveness: A clinical trial in 2015 showed that only consistently taking glucomannan supplements for 60 days can help in reducing weight.
- Other benefits: Besides weight loss glucomannan has some other benefits too such as reduced constipation, blood cholesterol, and fasting blood sugar.
- Side effects: By taking glucomannan regularly may also cause some side effects like flatulence, soft stools, bloating, etc. For better benefits, it is necessary to take glucomannan about half an hour before your regular meal with water.
Meratrim is the new best supplement for weight loss for females in the market, which is a combination of Sphaeranthus indicus and Garcinia Mangostana (two plant extracts). They are very helpful in changing the metabolism of fat cells.
- How it works: Meratrim is getting popularity because they claim that this supplement gives a hard time to the fat cells to multiply, helping in burning the stored fat.
- Effectiveness: Only some studies about Meratrim are found. According to one study, they experiment on 60 overweight people by keeping them on the strict 2,000-calorie diet plan and enhancing their physical activity with Meratrim. After 16 weeks they checked and concluded that a group that was taking Meratrim had lost 11 lb (5 kg) and also 4 inches from their waistlines.
- Side effects: yet not reported side effects.
Read Also: Healthy Slimming Enzyme Coffee, Real or Fake?
9. Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is always considered a popular and most consumed weight loss supplement. Many studies show that it contains the main antioxidant (EGCG) which is a great aid in burning the stubborn fat of the body.
- How it works: green tea extract is considered a strong hindrance to the enzymes that reduce fat absorption and is great to treat obesity.
- Effectiveness: Many studies that are based on humans show that green tea extract with healthy food and physical exercise can help in reducing rapid weight loss in both females and males. It improves the fat-burning process, especially from the waistline.
- Side effects: Generally, almost everyone can tolerate green tea extract but caffeine that is present in it may cause some issues to those who are sensitive to caffeine.
10. Conjugated Linoleic Acid
The most popular supplement for weight loss females is CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid), for years. It is naturally found in fatty animal-derived foods such as butter and cheese.
- How it works: Conjugated linoleic acid is considered a healthier supplement that helps in reducing appetite, increasing the breakdown process of body fat, and boosting metabolism.
- Effectiveness: CLA shows visible results of reduction in body fat percentage and body fat mass if you are taking CLA (3,000 mg) daily for 3 consecutive months. However, the required result of weight loss and BMI was not visible. In another study, we can also get the evidence that it is a great supplement for losing weight of 1.5 lb but not the right choice for those that clinically trying to lose weight.
- Side effects: The side effect of taking CLA may cause digestive disturbances such as insulin resistance, increased inflammation, and insulin resistance.
Supplements for weight loss in females have come in various types and different mechanisms. Some common and most famous types are thermogenic, healthy diet supplements, boosting metabolism, and fat blockers.
For females, it is very necessary to check various factors such as the detail of ingredients, effectiveness, side effects, and reputation of the manufacturer before using or choosing weight loss supplements.
The best way to get the weight loss supplement is to consult your healthcare. For more healthy content keep following us.